How Can You Help?
There are lots of ways you can help and support your child through the PTA. It really is a case of 'many hands make light work'. It doesn't matter if you can't help on a regular basis, or even if you can't come into school. There are always little jobs that can be done from home if you have half an hour to spare e.g. wrapping gifts, preparing raffle tickets etc. We really couldn't achieve what we do without the unseen 'army of help' that exists in school.
- attend the PTA meetings
- make / bake for events
- serve on a stall
- set up / clear up at events
- help with fundraising events
- apply for ‘Charity Matched Giving’ through your organisation
- let us know if you have any contacts or skills we could use
Charity Matched Giving
Charity Matched Giving is a very simple practice. Companies or businesses pledge to donate to a charity such as ourselves an amount of money relating to the amount that an employee(s) donates or fundraises for us. We have been helped enormously in the past by this type of donation, and there are several benefits to both ourselves and the company involved:
- Employees' morale is boosted by having their efforts supported by their employer
- The company benefits from having charitable donations written off against taxable profits
- The company can endeavour to get publicity for their giving
- Our PTA benefits from receiving perhaps double what we have raised at an event
If you think that your employer has a matched giving scheme already in operation, or if you would like some more information about charity matched giving or setting up a scheme in your workplace, please talk to one of the PTA officers, or ask in the school office.
Foreign and Old Currency Collection
Here at Rawdon St Peters we’re busy fundraising by collecting old British or foreign coins and notes, even obsolete currency. Initially you'll see lots of posters around the school as well as the collection bucket. Once all the currency has been collected we send it to www.cash4coins.co.uk who exchanges it into cash we can use. The bucket will be here all year so keep it coming please.
If you shop online please do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for the PTA every time you shop! https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rawdonstpeters